Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

TP

I now know why I woke up at 4:30 a.m. this morning. No, not because Evan decided it was time to get it, but rather a "sixth sense" something was different. For some reason I just could not go back to sleep. So, after about 15 minutes, I got up to check on Evan and he was, of course, awake. And, like my wonderful mother, I look out the window when I have the opportunity, despite the time of day or night. (This has actually saved our house in Brush from burning down)

When looking out the window, I thought to myself, "My, the ground is white for some reason. I don't remember it hailing or snowing last night." I walked out of Evan's room and noticed even more interesting items while looking down at our front door from upstairs.. After further observation the trees, ours and the neighbors bushes, and our flower pots were covered in toilet paper. Additionally, there were some lovely feminine products "placed" on our windows.

I took the liberty of removing the "sticky items" and the TP before anyone could wake up this morning and see we had been tagged. 32 year's old and getting TP'ed just doesn't seem right. Does that make us old? Unfortunately, we can't blame it on Evan's friends because they can't walk or do much really. When I told Liz and when she observed the handy work, she made the comment, "1995 called and wanted their rolls of toilet paper back." I will say I was disappointed there were no forks and I expect them next time.

I didn't take any photos so that the people (this was not a one man or woman job) responsible get all the credit. I chuckled a bit at the gesture, but was surprised that someone could be quiet enough that we didn't hear them on the front step of our house. To those that are responsible, good work! But, revenge is sweet victory and I am currently scanning Facebook for evidence. (insert smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment