Before Liz left on Friday, she and Evan wrote a card for Father's Day and the plans for the weekend. Of course, Liz is a genius and had everything on there to make it special. That included:
- Spend Friday evening with my good friend Duey
- Go to Starbucks Saturday and Sunday morning
- Go to the lake with Mark and Ally
- Spend Saturday evening with my good friend Bo
- Have Grandma Joy come over and watch Evan while I pulled weeds and cleaned up the yard
It was a great weekend, but I wish that Liz could have been in town. Regardless, she got back on Sunday and we spent the evening hanging out with Evan and eating pizza.
Evan was a trooper at the lake and hung out with Aunt Ally most of the time. They went on a really long walk and enjoyed time together. They joined Mark and I in the boat for a quick trip around the lake. He wasn't sure at first, but he did great and can't wait for Uncle Mark to pull him behind the boat in the tube. We were secretly trying to think how to strap the car seat in the tube, just for fun. We then decided that wasn't a good idea. Pictures are coming soon!
If you haven't been watching the College World Series, you are missing out on some great games. I am secretly cheering for Texas, but LSU is a great team. I have been to a number of games and love it more each year. I will miss Rosenblatt after next year, but am looking forward to the new stadium and traditions.
We are getting ready for the 4th of July, our family's favorite holiday. We can't wait to be with family over this special holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment