Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Start of fall and preparation for Halloween

Fall is upon us and the weather in Omaha is awesome.  A full week of 70 degree weather and no rain; after 4 inches over the last week, the sunshine and dry conditions are a welcome sight.

We visited the zoo last weekend and only took a few pictures.  Evan seemed only slighted interested but seems mesmerized by the animals at the zoo.  He fell asleep on the way there and I think he was more interested in continuing his nap than visiting the animals.  Here he is taking in the butterfly exhibit.


Evan got the stomach flu and he continues to battle the bug.  He has been sick since Friday night.  Liz has also not been feeling well with the same symptoms so we have all been trapped at the house now for 4 days straight.   Liz and I were scheduled to go to the NU/SDSU game but we had to take a rain check for a future game with Mark and Ally.  Grandma Joy provided some much needed tlc for Evan on Sunday night.  I am hopeful that after today that both of them will rebound.  Both tell me they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. 


Evan is ready for Halloween.  We brought a pumpkin home from Colorado and it is ready to be carved when we get closer to the holiday.  His costume is secret according to Liz.  Any thoughts on what he should be?  Last year, you may recall we were in Ft. Worth for Liz's 10 year class reunion at TCU and he was a hotdog.  Here is the entry to jog your memory.

How about the college football season so far?  Huskers squeaked a win past the Jackrabbits last weekend.  I hope they work out all the bugs before Big 12 play starts next Thursday.  TCU is doing well also and off to a 4-0 start.  Pro football.....Broncos....are we going to inherit the New Orleans Saints saying, "Who dat"?  They are struggling but I actually got to watch their game last night along with the Rockies.  I hope for a wild card there, but I am not holding my breath as they have been slidding down after a string of losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment